Sunday 18 May 2014

Classes 109-110...

Pressure at work equals not many classes attended. It's a shit equation but there is some light on the horizon with a new job promising better control of my hours and less 50-hour weeks. 

I have managed to sneak a couple of open-mat session in, though, and these are always good. 

In the first class, I mainly rolled with a new white belt and realised I had actually learnt enough to show him a couple of things. I then got to roll with a blue belt friend. My defence was OK and I got tapped a few times but I did threaten a submission of my own at least once. 

In the second class, I got to roll with with another blue belt and got tapped all over the place. Annoyingly, I wasn't even doing the basic stuff well, but I know that's because I haven't had much mat time and that will come back. He did, however, suggest only trying to pass guard while standing and we did some work on this.

I also got to roll with a fellow white belt. We were about the same level six months ago, but he's now incredibly fluid and just has so many more attacks in his armoury. But he's also put the work in so he thoroughly deserves to be that much better. 

There's no secret to improving at anything. Just put the work in. And that's something that will be happening soon… 

Things to remember: Standing guard passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment