Saturday 11 October 2014

Injury: Part I...

I'm now into three weeks of not training due to an injury - or a 'ninja-ry' as a martial arts injury is referred to in our house.

This has been quite frustrating as I felt I was getting up to speed a bit at BJJ while I was preparing for the last competition, and now it's about rebuilding things again. 

I have been doing some exercise, though, and my weight has also not rocketed, but it's still frustrating. 

I have to remember growing at any martial art is a marathon and not a sprint and injuries and training lay-offs will happen. It happened throughout my hapkido studies, once very painfully when I was preparing for my black belt grading, and it will happen throughout my BJJ studies as well.

Patience and perseverance in all things is always rewarded...

No comments:

Post a Comment