Sunday 29 March 2015

Classes 153 & 154...

Two open mat sessions and I got pretty comprehensively ruined at sparring in both. 

In the first class, I did some drilling and I added a collar choke in front of the armbar, triangle and omaplata drill I'm working on. I also showed a friend how to pull guard from standing and we did some work on this.

On a not-so-good note, an opponent got injured during sparring. I was pulling his legs straight to pass his guard and something went in his knee. There was nothing malicious in it, but it was a salient reminder that injuries can happen even in quite controlled sparring. 

In the second class, I managed to do some drilling and work on the kimura, too. I'm also spending more time in guard and working from this position a lot more.

I also entered the in-house club tournament, which means I now have to get back down to fighting weight and lose about 10 pounds. I should be able to do this.

Things to remember: pulling guard, adding collar choke to three-movement drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment