Friday 17 July 2015

Class 172...

An open mat session and some sparring with a much better white belt, two very good blue belts and a smaller but also much better white belt.

Both the blue belts were hugely strong so I defended a lot and got battered. One good thing, though, was I ended up in a very deep head and arm choke and I managed to defend it by bringing my hand to my ear on the choking side, then I got both my feet in his belt and managed to pry him off so he had to let it go.

It was a fun session until I twisted to escape an arm bar and something went pop in my floating ribs. It's a on occurrence of last year's rib injury. It's nowhere near as bad but I t may mean a rest for a few weeks.

And this may be a problem because I have a grading at another martial art and a BJJ competition coming up. Bugger...

Things to remember: Foot in belt and prying opponent off can be a good last-ditch tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment