Saturday 17 October 2015

Classes 184 & 185...

My knee injury is back with a vengeance so it's only gentle rolling at a couple of open mat classes for me. 

I rolled with a couple of newish white belts and did OK, then rolled no-gi with a good purple belt. I don't really roll no-gi but he seemed keen, so I agreed to have a go and told him not to expect too much. He then got slightly annoyed that I wasn't very good at it and kept emphasising the importance of not giving away the underhook as I was making it too easy for him. 

I genuinely appreciated the underhook advice. But I thought it was quite funny that he was a little annoyed about the fact that I wasn't very good at something that I told him I wasn't very good at. 

Any enjoyable couple of classes, though.

Things to remember: The importance of the underhook at no-gi.

No comments:

Post a Comment