Monday 5 November 2018

Class 309...

Another gruelling dinner-time class, but it was massively enjoyable as I was partnered with an old friend and there was quite a bit of drilling basic techniques involved. These included kimuras, omoplatas, armbars and triangles. Note to self: I should use triangles a lot more as I have long legs and I should employ these offensively. 

We were shown a couple of techniques and one of them was a basic leg triangle set-up for open guard that I really liked. It went something like this: 
Ensure opponent's hands are inside of guard and his elbows are down; secure collar and arm control one side of opponent; open guard and bring opposite knee across in a sort of z guard; kick z leg up to beat arm and attack for triangle. 

I got murdered in sparring. I ended up on bottom in side control against a couple of bigger and stronger white belts but I managed to fend them off, I even swept one of them at the end. I then got roundly murdered by two good purple belts. One of them has a side control that is exhausting to try and escape. I got a chance to relax against a junior white belt, but I could tell he's going to be good and causing me issues within three months...

Things to remember: Attack for triangles; triangle set-up from knee shield;  work on side control escapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment