Wednesday 26 June 2019

Class 361...

A No Gi class and it was all sparring. I did OK, but I am trying to develop a half guard game and I'm struggling. 

I am aware I'm falling for kimura attacks when on top. This is because I am not hiding my arm when attacking for hug passes. I am, however, trying to rectify this. 

The other big issue I am aware of is that I am getting smashed a lot in half guard on bottom. This is because I am using it as a resting position and I am waiting to see what my opponent does. 

I can't afford to do this as my opponents hug pass and get into side control, which is even worse. So I need to use half guard bottom as an attacking base and secure tension between my knee shield and my grip. I also need to immediately use half guard to launch attacks, so I need to be either going for back control, a kimura or an adapted sweep.

I will keep working on these positions...

No comments:

Post a Comment