Monday 4 November 2019

Classes 385-386...

A No Gi class which included: 

Man in bottom full guard getting double wrist control, then stuffing one arm of the opponent into his chest and attacking for Leg Triangles. 

Escape from Flattened Out on Bottom in Half Guard: Secure leg of opponent in half guard, then block hip and frame other arm under chin of opponent. Create space by extending frame, then insert knee shield and stretch back into defensive position. 

From here, fight for underhook and attack back or collapse knee shield to secure underhook and attack back. 

Drill went from squashed on bottom in half guard, to recovering knee shield, to attacking back for chokes. 

Sparring was odd. I feel as though I am getting worse. Maybe I am just plateauing a bit. I think things will improve with greater attendance once the pool season is done. 

I need to keep working side control escapes and attacks. And shin-on-shin guard, too. 

Next up was a Gi Class in which we worked on transitional guards. These included: 
Shin on Shin to De La Riva 
De La Riva to Cross Guard 
Single X to X Guard, then sweep with arm on shoulder; or pass arm through and over head and back take 
Single X leglock 

We also had an introduction to the saddle position. 

Sparring was OK. I need to work on my inside foot pummelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment