Wednesday 12 February 2020

Class 408...

First up, a No Gi beginners class in which we worked on Leg Triangle Set-ups. These went something like this: 

Leg Triangle from Full Guard: Opponent is in my full guard so I secure wrist control. I shove one arm out and keep the other in and I climb my legs so they cross around the high back of my opponent. I  drag his captured arm across then I collapse his frame, then I connect one hand and the horizontal leg together, then I angle out by using either the foot on the hip of my opponent or underhooking his arm with my other arm. Once angled off, I connect my legs and swing back in to tighten the angle. Then I pull his head down and squeeze everything together for the tap. 

Defence for opponent is to hide his arm, then you swap the sides of the triangle, hip up to to collect the hidden arm, and reconnect to the original position.

Leg Triangle from Half Guard: From half guard bottom, secure an overhook, then angle out onto your hip and move to leg over head of opponent and hips facing out to trap arm; push the free arm of the opponent away and use the free leg to that arm away, then that leg collects the head of the opponent as you swing back in to connect the legs and then connect the triangle.  


Leg Triangle from Full Mount: From full mount, move up the body so it's a high full mount, then lift the head of the opponent with your left arm and bring the right knee in line with his neck; then swap the hands controlling the head and with the free hand, use you arm and your body weight to pin his hand to his chest; swing the leg that side over and get it behind the neck of the opponent and ensure your knee and your heel are connected; roll to the right and lock in and squeeze.

Sparring wasn't great as I felt a bit off the pace. I am also trying to work on my Half Guard and my Standing Guard Passes and get these up to a decent level. I'm struggling with these a bit at the moment but that could also be fatigue because I'm training an hour every morning to add muscle and make weight for a tournament in three weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment