Tuesday 18 March 2014

Class 105...

A class on specific drilling, with lines of people fighting several people in the middle to either pass guard or retain guard. This was pretty exhausting and, even though I claimed a few victories, it was either by stealth or brute strength. There wasn't a huge amount of technique on display. 

On the plus side, I did remember to protect my front leg with my same side arm so there was a small victory for some technique. Of sorts. 


Onto sparring and I pretty much held my own with good fellow white belts. I didn't get tapped and escaped some good submission attempts but I also didn't submit anyone either. 


Not that either of them are brilliant, but my defence is definitely better than my attack at BJJ. And that has to change as I've just entered my first tournament. 


So my training is about to ramp up a level. And hopefully my attacks will, too.


Things to remember: Attack is the best form of defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment