Sunday 27 July 2014

Class 128...

An open mat session and a chance to roll with a few different coloured belts. 

I rolled with a good white belt today and fell for a few leg locks, despite trying to defend them as best I could. I also rolled with a good brown belt who was complimentary about my defence, despite the fact he was clearly so much better than me and positionally he was all over me. He did show me a strategy for dealing with an overbooked arm when I was in his guard, though. This essentially involved turning the arm to grab the belt and then yanking it out at an angle to ensure the joint under attack wasn't vulnerable.

I then got the chance to roll with a couple of blue belts and defended myself OK, despite eventually tapping to both. 

Things to remember: The escape for the overbooked arm when in guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment