Friday 4 July 2014

Class 122...

Today was an open mat session with a bit of light sparring, plus a chance to drill some techniques with a fellow white belt who's much better than me. 

We worked on an armbar, omoplata and triangle combination, and we then added another armbar onto the end for good measure. We also worked on guard breaks and guard retention, a kimura and a kimura sweep combination, and a throw combination I'm keen to drill. The latter is essentially a hip throw that turns into a single-leg or a double-leg takedown and pass to side control. 

I like drilling. It's a good way to ingrain technique. I just wish I had the time to do more of it. 

I was also shown a very nifty posture break from the bottom in guard, where you use both of your hands to attack one of the opponent's arms by grabbing his collar and the outside of his arm. And I also got shown a way to turn kimura control from perched side control into an armbar.

Things to remember: Drive up for the triangle and try the new posture break when on the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment