Tuesday 12 August 2014

Classes 132 & 133...

First up was a beginners class in which we worked on an armbar attack from the guard, which left the opponent flattened out underneath the legs of the attacker. The flattened-out opponent then defends by grabbing his attacked arm with his free arm, then wraps it around the leg of the opponent to prevent the armbar. Then the flattened-out opponent brings his feet to his bum and turns into his opponent and drives in and sits up, with one leg to the side of the opponent and the other leg with the foot on the floor and the knee against the opponent.

We also did a quite nifty leg and hip movement drill. The key lessons taught here were to be close and heavy or dynamic and fast. 

The next class was an open mat session and the sparring was hard work. I feel my defence is now OK for the level that I'm at but I need to start working on attacks.

The key lesson from this class was posture. I'm letting my head drop far to much, which is giving my opponents head control and allows them to break down my posture far too easily. This has to stop and I need to make a committed effort to prevent myself doing this.

Things to remember: Posture, posture, posture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment