Friday 26 September 2014

Classes 140-141...

Two early-morning classes in preparation for my first major tournament on Saturday. 

In both classes, we worked on guard passing fundamentals and we drilled the Toreador pass, the hand on hip and hand on knee pass, and taking the back. 

In sparring, I did OK and my very basic and new understanding of structure helped lots. One knee down and one knee up is a mantra I'm trying to incorporate. 

I've trained hard for this event and lost a shedload of weight. Win or lose, I'm winning one personal victory by just getting onto the mat, and my simple hope is that I don't do anything stupid and I can maybe last a full round without being submitted.

Victory happens in little increments. This is another step. 

Things to remember: Structure, pressure, barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment