Monday 29 June 2015

Class 170...

An open-mat session and non-stop rolling for about 80 minutes, which was a stamina-sapper. 

The good news is that I was hard to tap among the fellow white belts that I rolled with… until my strength and endurance went and then I was useless. 

But I was threatening a few kimuras and omoplatas and I did some good escape work. I even managed a few positional reversals. 

One of my fellow white belts is very small and very fast, though, and trying lock him up is like trying to knit fog. It's an example I can learn from, though, as his constant movement makes it tough to tap him. 

I love open mat sessions. I just sometimes worry I enjoy rolling so much I sometimes forget to focus and drill.

Things to remember: Constant movement makes it harder for your opponent to nail a position.

No comments:

Post a Comment