Monday 10 August 2015

Class 174...

This week, I finally returned to rolling in an open-mat session and I enjoyed a bit of light sparring. 

The ribs are about 80 per cent healed, but the recurring knee injury is still pretty fucked. It was still OK, even though I may have to miss the competition next week if I'm not fully fit. 

I rolled with a couple of blue belts and did OK, but they were taking it easy. I did get to try some positions out, though, and my full guard was working OK. 

I also got shown a nifty guard passing strategy for if you get caught in your opponent's full guard. This involved stuffing one of the man on the bottom's hands behind his back, then passing on your side because it's undefended. 

It's nice to be back. Even if I'm not firing on all both barrels yet. 

Things to remember: Use the hand behind the back to pass the opponent's full guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment