Sunday 13 September 2015

Classes 179 & 180...

First up was an open mat session. I got pretty comprehensively ruined by a couple of blue belts and a very good white belt.

I did, however, pick up one very good additional method of breaking an opponent's closed guard. This involved the usual hands on hips, stepping back and creating space to put your knee in their bum, but then bringing you knee up and sitting back to prise the legs open. From here, it was into passing stance of one knee up, one knee down and elbows connected to knees.

The second class was also an open-mat session. I sparred with a couple of good white belts, one small and agile and the other muscular and strong, and a good blue belt, who was strong and has excellent leg locks, and I got ruined.

On the plus side, my movement is feeling much better and I did escape a leg triangle at one point by posturing up then doing a judo escape, which involved putting my feet on the hips of my opponent and prising him off. I also had some success with spinning out of turtle and catching an opponent in my guard.

Things to remember: Keep working on movement; play with spinning and rolling into guard from turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment