Monday 11 January 2016

Class 198...

A day off so I ventured to a lunchtime class and it was all about attacking  grips and breaking grips, and  attacking from seated guard and passing a man in seated guard. I was mainly paired with senior belts for most of the time on these drills and I got pretty comprehensively ruined. Everyone was too slick and too fast for me. The couple of rounds I had with other white belts were decent enough, though. 

I felt pretty decent in sparring and I did OK, although I again got dismantled by senior belts. The couple of times I got aggressive, however, I nearly passed and even threatened a couple of submissions of sorts.

It was a very tough class and I was please to realise I wasn't the only one utterly exhausted at the end of it.

Things to remember: Continually apply pressure when trying to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment