Tuesday 25 October 2016

Classes 247 & 248...

My first class as a blue belt and we worked on a sweep from half guard for the man on the bottom. This went something like this:

Man on bottom is up on one hip in half guard with cross grip on opposite side of opponent's collar; other hand has wrist control of opponent's opposite hand; knee is up in frame under opponent's armpit; stuff arm of opponent then rock back onto own back and pull him in so centres are aligned; then use your knee in frame as a lever and turn into a back somersault to sweep and land on top.

We also worked on a choke using a similar start point and entry, but I missed some of the details.

In the second class, we worked on grip fighting drills.

In sparring, I did ok. I won some and got smashed by some. I am experimenting with seated butterfly guard at the moment and mixing and matching with half and full guard, plus the overhook attacks.

I also started trying to incorporate wrist locks into my attacks. I had some success, but it will take a while to adapt this element of my hapkido into my BJJ. I also need to ensure I don't stop working on the BJJ stuff that got me here, too.

Things to remember: Sweep from half guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment