Friday 30 December 2016

Class 253...

A last chance to roll before the Xmas break, but we faced a stamina-sapping series of stomach-strengthening drills beforehand. 

Somebody added them all up and we did 580 in total, which is a lot. I was fine with most of them, but I still suck the big one at press-ups.

We then did four five-minute rounds. I was fine with two white belts and I hit a couple of wrist locks, chokes and I even caught a gogoplata at one point. I then held my own against a decent blue belt, before taking a gentle mauling from a purple belt.

I defended OK against him and I escaped a few tricky positions and I threatened a toe press at one point. But he was just much better at controlling a dominant position.

An ace way to end the year, though.

Things to remember: Grips and controlling tensionKeep attached when attacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment