Sunday 27 August 2017

Classes 280 & 281..

Two morning classes on attacking for the back. Class one featured a couple of step-over techniques for moving onto an opponent's back when he is in turtle, and the second class featured an open guard pass from standing, which moves you into side control, then you drive the opponent over and insert hooks to attack the back. 

We then did some specific drilling and specific positional sparring. I did OK at the latter and am more mobile than I expected to be when it comes to attacking the back. 

I did OK in normal sparring and I feel like I'm making slow progress with working in wrist locks. I'm not always nailing these but I am starting to recognise the position and the treat of them is sometimes giving me additional time to escape bad positions. 

I am also endeavouring with butterfly guard and I am experimenting with a new wrist lock that starts off with an armdrag from butterfly guard. 

Things to remember: Attacking the back and the butterfly arm drag into wristlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment