Thursday 29 March 2018

Class 298...

A quick bit of pre-class homework with two escapes from knee mount:

I) Man on top has knee mount, so bridge up slightly away from opponent and circle elbow nearest his knee to the outside, then use that as a wedge and hip escape out so you face him on your side.

II) Man on top has knee mount, so sweep him by bringing knee up and using nearest leg to sweep his standing foot. 

Onto class and more DLR drilling. I really like the double unders pass for most guard escapes but I struggled to hit both that and the leg drag today. I have found a decent counter to it, though, which involves using the momentum of the pushed-aside legs as you push the upper arm of the opponent as he tries to move the legs out of the the way, then you come up onto your knees and attack from there. 

Normal Sparring was OK but I am poor at DLR. I did roll with a high purple belt today, though, and noticed his DLR priority when in that guard was to remove the hook by moving the foot and himself. I may well borrow that.

No comments:

Post a Comment