Monday 1 April 2019

Class 341...

A no-gi class with some kimura set-ups from guard positions. These went something like this:

Kimura from Guard: Move up to close space on opponent and grab own shin across back of opponent on a diagonal. Pull opponent down and let him base himself with his hands. Attack arm of opponent by shoving armpit over armpit of opponent and securing a kimura grip. Then lock guard back up, shrimp out and lock up kimura. 

Kimura from Hip Bump Sweep: Open guard, close space on opponent and aim for hip bump sweep. Let opponent base himself with his hand. Attack supporting arm of opponent by shoving armpit over armpit of opponent and securing a kimura grip. Then drop back down, lock guard back up, shrimp out and lock up kimura. 

Kimura from Half Guard Bottom in Knee Shield: Man on bottom pushes knee shield through to collapse opponent, then you attack the arm he braces himself with. Lock up kimura grip, shrimp out and lock up half guard, then apply pressure to finish.

Kimura from Butterfly with Double Unders: Butterfly hooks are in and you have double unders on the opponent. Swim arm in over opposite armpit of opponent, secure kimura grip, then use opposite hook to sweep to side control. Apply pressure to finish.

Sparring was sort of OK. I got murdered by the higher belts and I did OK with people at my level. I also successfully stuffed a couple of lockdowns, which is a position I struggled with a few weeks ago.

I then stuck around to do a 90-minute MMA class. This was all boxing rounds. My hands were OK, but I haven't done straight boxing for a few years, so I was a bit off the pace when it came to light string and defending. The more tired I got, the worse my defence got, too. I am also not tight enough with my left hook when throwing it.

Things to remember: Attacking for kimuras and lockdown defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment