Saturday 12 October 2019

Classes 376-377...

First up was a Wrestling Class working on Single Leg Takedowns. 

I remain pretty poor at these, but I am starting to get better at the step sequence, which goes as follows: 
Touch opposite shoulder of opponent
Drop down to change level 
Step to side of opponent and underhook leg and connect hands together 
Trap leg of opponent between your legs 
Posture up and ensure head is against side of opponent to avoid guillotine 
Move round and drag leg and use head to batter opponent down 
Secure control position

We then added a back take and a backwards lateral drop into this sequence. My sparring was OK but not brilliant. I am way off the pace at the moment. 

Next up was a No Gi BJJ Class in which we worked on escapes bottom side control. 

Escape from Bottom Side Control: Man on bottom secures underhook on neck block side; come to knees to face opponent; knee tap opponent to push him over; secure side control with arm under head of opponent. 

We then worked on a finish from this position. 
Head and Arm Choke from Top Side: arm under head pins across throat of opponent, then swoops round and catches arm and swoops under and traps arm of opponent, then sets up arm triangle. 

We then did some King of the Guard. I am still relying on Closed Guard too much but I had some success with operating from Half Guard with back takes using an underhook. 

I continue to be off the pace at sparring, but I hit a couple of decent throws from standing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment