Friday 13 December 2013

Class 92...

Today was an open-mat session. It was also my first class for about two weeks and my body felt it afterwards. 

We spent a while playing with a few no-gi hip throws, then I got to roll with one of my very good blue belt friends. I got nowhere near tapping him, but I did survive for lengthy periods until he finally got something locked in. I fell for a few triangle chokes that I didn't have enough time to escape from but I could have postured up in. 


I then got to roll with a relatively new white belt. This was quite a good experience because I was suddenly the senior belt and I knew what I was doing to escape his positions and launch my own attacks. I obviously didn't go crazy and spent some time showing him a few positional escapes. 


Then it was back to rolling with another very good blue belt, who was all over me. I did manage to defend myself for periods but he was just too slick and too strong. He did, however, show me how to increase the efficacy of a basic guard break by grabbing his belt line and rolling my knuckles into his stomach then driving the elbows into the pressure points inside his thighs.


Things to remember: React don't think; roll the knuckles into the opponents stomach to increase pressure on the pressure point in the opponent's thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment