Sunday 15 November 2015

Classes 186 & 187...

It's been three busy weeks at work and I'm also nursing a recurring knee injury, so I've only made it to a couple of open-mat sessions. 

The somewhat limited goal at these sessions was essentially to keep remind my body what it was like to roll so I didn't feel too out of it when I got back proper. I did pick up a few good pointers as well, though.

In the first session, I seemed to do a lot of no-gi and I rolled with a very good purple belt. I was much better at not surrendering the underhook but in focusing on that, I ended up giving up a lot of leg locks.Leg locks still escape me a bit. I have a rough idea how to enter into them, I have a rough idea of how to apply them and I'm getting at defending them, but I need to spend some serious time on them. 

In the second session, I did some drilling and worked on some gi submissions and moving for position. A senior belt then did some work on showing the lateral drop, which is a technique I'm going to spend proper time on.

Things to remember: Do not surrender underhook; work leg locks; work lateral drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment