Sunday 15 November 2015

Classes 188 & 189...

My first proper class for a few weeks and some work on the spider guard. 

This was more of a theoretical class than a technique class, and the take-home was about keeping tension through extending the legs on the same side that the opponent moves, but also confirming the grip on the opponent's sleeves to control his movement. 

We did some specific sparring and I nailed a few sweeps for different positions, but I wasn't good enough in normal sparring. I was still hard to tap but I was too slow and not sharp enough. That will come back in time, though. 

At the open mat session, I drilled some techniques and worked on defending seated guard. I also managed my first sweep from x guard. This was something of a milestone. 

I also rolled with a very agile and mobile purple belt. We were just rolling for position but he was just too fast most of the time. 

Things to remember: Maintain tension in spider guard; train more and sharpen up attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment